Select favorites from 2017! As the saying goes, it's not about the destination it's about the journey. Looking back through 2017 there were twists and turns, closed windows followed by open doors, and even a few risks taken. I can't help but think the experiences along the way have shaped me as a person and as an artist.
- I celebrated one year skin cancer free! Wahoo!!!
- I checked a couple of National Parks off the bucket list.
- Had an amazing sister trip to Seattle, where we ate and drank our way through the city. (Next up, sibling trip 2018!!!)
- I adopted three lovely feathered ladies to live in my backyard. Their eggs and personalities bring me such joy!
- I formed fantastic friendships with other local photographers and am so thankful to have them in my life! Community over competition.
- I bought my first car!
- I had multiple corrective procedures (lasers/fat grafting) to help the discomfort around my scar from skin cancer. Painful but worth it in the long run!
- Due to the procedures, I had to take many breaks from being "active". I was humbled every time I began to move my body again.
- I've taken a stab at climbing. Bouldering and ropes indoor and outdoor. Thanks to a crew of climbers and their cheers, I was able to complete my first outdoor VO. Bouldering can be lots of fun but I think I prefer ropes. ;)
- I pored through old family photos (I'm talkin' about 100+ years old) and read A LOT about the history of my paternal grandfather. I sure am proud to be a Little! Our family had guts and resilience.
- I became and Aunt Tee-Tah again.
- I completed my first triathlon!
- I've met and fallen in love with a man who is gentle and supper supportive. He lets me hug him as long as I need AND he crafts me delicious geisha coffees in my favorite mug!
So many wonderful people, places and celebrations. My heart is full and I'm deeply thankful for health, happiness, and each of YOU! Thank you for allowing me to stand behind the lens either silently or loudly cheering/coaching you along to create art and portraits that you'll have for a lifetime and beyond. It has been an honor to serve you. I feel incredibly lucky to be the artist that has a glimpse into such beautiful and precious milestones. Thank you!
Still basking in the afterglow of 2017 and yet I have so much to look forward to in 2018! I'm looking forward to growth in all areas of life as I push myself to be a better artist and human. Stay tuned!!!